At Saint Brigid's we want to involve the whole community in a way that teaches empathy, ecourages respect and nurtures compassion. St. Brigid's Pantry welcomes the stranger, feeds the hungry, and relieves the struggles of some 50 or 60 people in our community every week. The people we serve are our neighbors and friends.
The dignity and respect for every human being is our goal and our promise at Baptism.
Volunteers are always needed. The donations we receive from local churches, community groups and schools, are sorted by volunteers, placed on shelves, and bagged for distribution. Here is a link to the volunteer application.
St. Brigid’s Pantry is open:
Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00 p.m -2:45 p.m. and
Saturdays from 6:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m.
Referrals from social service agencies and pre-registration are not required. Clients may register during our normal operating hours and are asked to provide the following:
- Photo Identification
- Proof of residence (must be a resident of Monmouth or Ocean Counties)
- Birth certificate(s) for those listing children under age 18
- Evidence of participation in TANF, SNAP, SSI, WIC, Medicaid or statement of limited income
Interested in volunteering?
Volunteers are needed to support this outreach ministry to the marginalized of our community.
- Once trained in bagging, volunteers can come and create bags (by appointment) from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm; Monday through Friday.
- Our intake station is operated by volunteers familiar with Microsoft Excel. Although this process requires limited skill, the volunteer should feel comfortable working at the computer.
- We also receive a delivery of several thousand pounds of food on the 2nd Friday of each month from the FoodBank of Monmouth & Ocean Counties. This delivery is typically received between 9:30 and 11:00 a.m.
Please complete and submit the volunteer application (link at the bottom of this page) if you'd like to join in this outreach program!
Donations of perishable and non-perishable items are accepted Monday through Friday. Please contact Mr. Jim Hicks, the Manager, at the church office to arrange for drop off. (732) 222-1411.
Monetary donations are tax deductible and can be sent to:
St. Brigid's Pantry and Sarah's Feast at St. James' Church
Long Branch, NJ 07740